Monday, March 26, 2012

Recovery Zone

Despite, a busy weekend, its Monday morning and time to organize and make the most of a new week. After arriving home from church around 9pm last night, my husband and I both felt like we had run a marathon and could not take another step. The load of clean laundry that had been thrown on my bed as company had come looked comfortable, and I really considered just sleeping on top of it. That was just how drained we were. You will be happy to know, no doubt, that we did the right thing and folded that laundry before completely collapsing.

Sundays are like that. After a six day work week, Sunday barrels in with a non-stop schedule of worship, service and hospitality. Go, go, go! My husband has been asking that we have a young serviceman in again, one we have had in many times before, but lately I have just been so busy and pre-occupied that my hospitable attitude has been sadly lacking. Yesterday was the day. "Yes," we said, "we would love to have you come over after church." This was with the knowledge that I had absolutely no plans for dinner. My husband told him, it will probably be mac and cheese with a little burger thrown in. And sure enough, that is what we did. As he thanked me for the chance to have some "home cookin'" I choked on the water I was drinking, just a little. Hmmmm.

Now, Monday morning, I am feeling encouraged. My husband and I got out for a quick walk this morning before he left for work. That always makes me feel a little more ready for the day. The kids are cleaning up bedrooms and starting on school work, and I am finishing a cup of coffee that is hopefully going to help me organize my thoughts.

My goal this week is to complete a schedule for our home. Not the kind that dictates every moment of your day, but one in which everyone knows what they need to accomplish during the day, as well as the consequences for not meeting the goals. I have tried scheduling and going sans schedule and our home is definitely a happier, more efficient place when we have something to go by. Lately, I have been lax in this area, so I am going to go back into recovery zone (a place I am extremely familiar with). Along with the schedule I need to get back into watching my diet.

I am a woman, a mother, a wife, a teacher, a writer, a gardener, a cook, a........You understand. There is really no way to easily classify who or what I am. Somehow, I need to organize all of those things and move forward with this new week. I'm thankful for Sundays, while they don't often feel restful, they do offer a separation from last week to this. Today is a fresh start. With the Lord's help, I can take it on. He wants victory for me. If I remember that most of all I am a Christian, a follower of Christ, I will take the time to get my strength from Him. The other things will fall into place, and we will have a good week. I wish the same for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment